This Week (beginning September 28th)

Hello Scholars,

As you know, we are not meeting today due to Yom Kippur. We will be meeting on Zoom tomorrow, Tuesday 29th at 12:30 p.m. The link is in Blackboard.

We will also have a meeting as usual on Wednesday at the same time, depending on demand. I’m going to poll you tomorrow about whether you would prefer to work independently on Wednesday.

It seems that my clarification of the Metaphor Assignment process needs further clarification. I added the scaffolding sections mainly for your process, and I did not require you to submit every section. However, you are all so diligent, that almost everyone has emailed me your sources, and many of you have also emailed your proposals. This is great because it helps me see where you are with the assignment.

We’ll talk more about this tomorrow, and also about the Annotated Bibliography, a feeder assignment for this essay that is due on October 5th.

Since the Accountability Groups have had mixed results, I want to try a WhatsApp group for communication and see how we do with that. In class tomorrow, I’ll be asking for a volunteer to set this up.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact me at ybrener@ccny.cuny.edu or 917-650-0515

Have a wonderful day,

Yolande